Tuesday 10 April 2012


Choose one moment in history that you would like to change.
Quite a difficult task... There were so many terrible events in the history of the humankind that I would like to change almost everything.
It's an exaggeration of course, but it's hard to choose one event.
Surprisingly, research done for my diploma paper gave me some ideas. I writing about important couples in British monarchy. It seems dull, but it isn't so. Believe me:) I've already conducted the lesson about Henry VIII and his six wives and on Thursday I am conducting the lesson about Princess Diana and Prince Charles.
And it is Diana that I want to write about. I watched the famous interview she gave in 1995, two years before her death and, frankly speaking, I was trembling... She had so many problems in her life and felt so lonely. But despite this, she helped so many people. Spending time with her sons was a great consolation for her. She did her best to forget about her unhappy love and marriage. And then she died.. so suddenly. For me, it's one of the most sad stories in the recent history.
That is why...
If I could travel in time, I would appear in the hotel she stay at in Paris and tell her not to get in a car or to choose different direction. I don't really now what I would tell her.. Maybe I would do something with the car they traveled in, so that they would not be able to set off.
I think I motivated my actions at the beginning of my post, but thinking about the the royal weeding that took place last year, I am sure it would be a great pleasure for her to see her older son getting married.

I know that my task was to write something funny and entertaining and that what I wrote isn't so. Nevertheless, I am sure that whoever saw the interview, would think that her death was a great loss.

Here is the extract from the interview:

No comments:

Post a Comment