Tuesday 20 March 2012



                          J.R.R Tolkien - " The Lord of the Rings" & "The Hobbit"
FIRST COVER DESIGN
Quite a long time has passed since the first J.R.R Tolkien's book was published... almost 60 year
My first "meeting" with J.R.R Tolkien was quite unusual...
I was on a scout camp (more precisely, on a cub camp) and we played... hobbits. Our task was to find a treasure and to defeat the dragon. At that time I didn't know the story at all and frankly speaking... I didn't  know who hobbits were.
But that was the time when the magic world of elves, hobbits and dwarfs enchanted me...
Firstly, I read "Hobbit".
Then "The Fellowship of the Ring" movie appeared in the cinemas. I watched it and  get completely fascinated with the story of a small hobbit Frodo, who sacrificed himself in order to save the world he lived in...
All three books I simply devoured.


For me, J.R.R Tolkien was a genius and I have NEVER "met" a better writer.
The way he created The Middle Earth: with maps, languages, family trees. His books are perfect, every detail is described. Reader may even have an impression that Tolkien really lived in that world:)


J.R.R Tolkien showed me that even living in a world full of cruelty, one may still find truth and hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment